Monday, August 26, 2024

Pittsburgh

Dad, Nick and I went to Pittsburgh to watch the Mariners lose. Dad also went to talk Buccee's in Walmart parking lots.
And how dumb the FAA is in ice cream parking lots.
We went through the Pittsburgh temple open house. It has yellow in honor of the Steelers and Pirates.
We were told by multiple people that we had to try Primanti Bros since they were the "official" sandwich of Pttsburgh. It's a hamburger patty on white bread with French fries and cole slaw. It was different, it started out delicious but then the fries got cold and I felt like I wanted it toasted or something.
Friday night we got to watch Paul Skenes pitch against Logan Gilbert. Of course the M's lost.
I've always thought that this ballpark looked awesome, and it did not disappoint.
The M's also lost on Saturday, because of course they did.
We had waited until the last night to try something called the meatball volcano. I knew we were in good hands when we walked in and saw this bad boy. It's 2024, how are there still cigarette vending machines?
It was delicious.
Meanwhile, back at the homestead, DeA found a way to distract her triplets.
Jens gave a great talk that I got to watch right before boarding.
The trip home Sunday had just enough go right to get us home, but overall kind of sucked. The direct flight was cancelled, Alaska tried to re-book us on Tuesday night at 7pm, we grabbed two seats on a Southwest flight and I ended up sitting next to the Mariners' president of baseball. It was quite a long day and I was very happy to be home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment