Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Rock-sational!!

Rock was on a perfect little schedule before we left for our Oregashington trip. He was sleeping well and DeAndra was getting her rest too, it was nice. We were worried the whole trip that he was going to be all skewampus with his sleeping habits when we got back, and we were right. He will only fall asleep if somebody is holding him. He can be dead asleep and as soon as he touches the crib he starts to whine. Pick him back up and he is out like a light. I'll repeat this process about 45 times before I just leave him there and let him work it out himself. But, poor DeAndra can't sleep with her adorable little baby crying so she goes and comforts him. She told me if we had an ugly baby it wouldn't be so hard letting him cry himself to sleep. I guess that's why I was such a good sleeper as a baby.

See, he looks asleep. But he's only playing with me.


He loves this book that Grammy Rae gave him. He really does like it, he says it tastes like chicken.

This is where DeAndra told him that he gets to put himself to sleep from now on. C'mon, like you could tell that face no?
In case you haven't heard, Rock has his own theme music. Lately he's been trying to sing along when I sing it. Here's his latest performance. WARNING: Contains Aaron singing.


4 comments:

  1. I love the cute faces he makes. Mom will be happy to see that you updated the blog. And I love him singing to the theme song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.) Aaron, you totally sound like homestar runner in your video. Look him up if you're not familiar.

    2.) Rock sent me a secret signal in the 2nd video letting me know he wants to see graceland. Looks like you guys are going to have to plans a visit. Luckily we can probably hook you up with housing. :)

    3.) We love Rock, but we also love Aaron and DeAndra! Can I request some more family pictures!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon-

    1.) I'm glad you caught the HS impression, you're the first

    2.) We would love to come down soon. School sucks though. But we will

    3.) According to our market research, you are alone on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first picture of Rock on there. He looks genuinely concerned about whatever he is looking at and I'm going to guess he cried 2 seconds after taking that picture.

    ReplyDelete