Sunday, September 1, 2019

Trip to Utah!

DeA's side of the family had a reunion in Idaho Falls, and that's why we drove to Heber City. It  made sense at the time, but typing it out it seems ridiculous. 

DeA loves to ask me if I need her to drive, only to end up like this two minutes later.
 We did drive through Rexburg to re-live some old memories. Here is the site of our first date! 
 One of our next dates was at Big Jud's, home of giant hamburgers.
 And delicious shakes. Don't forget about the shakes.

 We trucked along south toward Dustin and Marissa's. Someone said Chick-fil-A out loud, and DeA considers that a binding verbal contract. 
 Dolphin was fine with that.
 We carpooled up to Debbie and Roger's house in a swanky gated community. They were throwing their own 4th of July party with lots of games, jump houses, face painting, and other stuff. It smelled like rich people. 

 DeA wasn't exactly supportive when I asked her if I could blow up a watermelon with a fire cracker. 
 What a party!
  I woke up early the next day to go golfing on a fancy, private course that was way too nice for me and my borrowed clubs. At least it was fun. 
 The rich people compound had a 14 hole "golf park" that was a par 3 course. The kids loved it. 
 DeA and I went down to Orem a few times to work out with uncle Derek. 
 We made another trip down to Orem to see Grandma and Grandpa, and had Jenni and Kati thrown in as a bonus. 
 Even DeA loved the golf park.
 People were having a little too much together time, so we did a field trip to Granny's to have burgers and shakes. 
  Because we certainly didn't have enough shakes and burgers on this trip. 
 Cornhole!
 I flew home and left the kids and DeA with her parents. Lisa drove them up to IF the next week for the real reunion, while I came home to pay for the trip. Oh, and I saw this familiar face in the TSA line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment