Friday, December 2, 2022

Thanksgiving

The Turkey Bowl is the best time of year. Leo came dressed as an elf and Luca came dressed as a baby.
We had a good turnout of 18. The snow was soft and not slick, so we had a lot of fun running around in it.
Luca enjoyed the Max-free time on the swings.
Max did not enjoy getting stepped on by Rock
Touchdown!!
What a crew
Somehow along the way DeA and I became the adults and started hosting. We enjoy it a lot. It felt like Sunday dinner but with different people. Good people, but distinct from the usually crowd thanks to some families traveling away and others coming into town to visit.
DeA took a well-earned sit on the couch.
Rissa's crew and Dad came over in the evening for leftovers and games. Leo made everyone sit in a train.
Luca kept begging me to feed him until he was ready to explode.
We had a little mix-up with the rolls, so I baked a batch of Aunt Fay's rolls. We then spent half an hour trying to figure out who Aunt Fay was and how was she related.
Dad, Javi, and Rissa enjoyed playing games with the kids.
DeA and I enjoyed being in the other, more quiet, room and enjoying football and a very, very stuffed Luca.
It was fun to spend Friday watching football (as much as the kids would let me) and DeA enjoyed making Leo cuddle with her.
Saturday morning I went out with Keith and shot two geese. Max was impressed, unfortunately DeA was not. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you smoke the goose or how do you prepare it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried marinating it and putting it in the crock pot, I've tried smoking it, and I tried grinding it p and mixing it with pork. This time I traded it for a Christmas tree

    ReplyDelete