Friday, October 6, 2023

Some Friendly Competitions

Jens had another volleyball match up in Brewster. I couldn't get away, but Dad and DeA got to go watch her. She did great serving and scored five in a row.
She is definitely getting more aggressive and confident.
Derek and I had our power lifting competition in Vancouver. Derek found a house close to the gym that was a great place to stay. The kids especially made themselves comfy.
Dustin and Marissa brought their crew up to come cheer us on. It was great to have such a big cheering section.
I was able to break 600 on squats for the first time.
I tried to get 601 on deads, but left the knees soft and got red lighted.
I was still able to win my weight class and also my age group. Derek killed it like he always does and won his weight also and definitely lifted the most weight of the competition. We got medals.


Derek's birthday was in a few days, so we celebrated with some ice cream. Apparently, Vancouver doesn't believe in ice cream cakes, so just ice cream had to do
DeA suggested that we stop at Miner's on the way through, and Jens ordered the pumpkin shake. It was pretty huge.
I let Rock drive us from Yakima, and it was his first time in a 70mph zone. DeA handled it great once she covered her eyes, put in headphones, and listened to soothing white noise. Rock did great, in case you were wondering.
While he was driving, the low tire pressure light came on. DeA definitely wasn't a fan of that. We stopped at a truck stop in Ellensburg and found this sticking out...
After finding a plug kit, pulling the nail out with my bare-freaking-hands, and fixing the hole, we were back on the road again. I mentioned to DeA, I don't think I could be any more manly for her between the three kids, lifting over 600lbs, and fixing a tire in a truck stop parking lot. I even have the shaggy beard to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment