Wednesday, November 8, 2023

No kids for a week and Halloween

Mom and Dad took the kids to Harry Potter World and left DeA and I all alone with just each other and our thoughts. And free time, it left us with free time. We spent it going to the Cellars for dinner.
We drove to see the Barrientos in Yakima and spend time with them. It was so great to see them and their now grown little kids. We then spent Monday morning trying out a sauna on a showroom floor.
After attending the temple in the Tri-Cities, we came home so that DeA could run cross country practice.
She does a good job with the kids and, even though she won't admit it, is pretty good at it.
With the kids gone, DeA had to give all her attention to Leo.
I spent Saturday making 6 dozen donuts for the ward Halloween activity.
They turned out pretty, pretty fluffy and delicious. I missed my helpers, and them being gone definitely had no impact on these batch being my best.
DeA and I get to go to the gym together on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I like spotting her on squats, but she never says thanks, only "why do you help me? I wasn't even struggling!".
We only have one kid left that wants to trick or treat. She is the cutest minion ever.
Keeping her brodders out of her treasures was a constant task.
DeA designed some sweet sweatshirts for the state cross country girls.
She prepared for state by making a nest in the couch.
Luca helped Hampa pick me up after our new Explorer broke down.
He was pretty happy to help.
We are back into hockey. I know, I thought we were out, too, but Rock realized last year that he missed it.

Leo and the cats aren't best friends. I've been holding the cats in the house around Leo hoping he'll realize that they aren't prey, but I don't think it's working.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment