Saturday, October 23, 2021

Waco!!

Waco is a place known for three things: Fixer Upper, Baylor University, and a cult. Seems like the perfect destination to meet up with the Scoresbys for the first time in 12 years. We (DeA, Jens, Ryker and I, no Rock because he had a football game and would come down on Friday with Gpa and Gma) woke up early on Thursday and drove to the airport. Jens threw up on the way and claimed that she was just carsick. I thought about turning around, but Ben is the one friend that I knew that wouldn't be worried about a little vomit.
The drive, flight, and drive went smooth. We made it to the house late and stayed up talking and catching up. The next day was Magnolia. We ate brunchish at the Magnolia Table takeout and then Shannon and DeA spent money while the kids played.
DeA wasn't sure about the trip, saying that she didn't think that she would like the Magnolia things. Turns out that a middle class mom was exactly the Magnolia demographic. 




DeA waited in line for the bakery, the kids were a little overwhelmed with all the cupcakes when we finally got to the front of the line.
Saturday was game day. The kids were all super excited to cheer on the cougs!

I don't know how Rock keeps a hat on that head of hair.
Pizza-Hut. That's what they picked. They had options. Real options. Like Chick Fil-a, Texas BBQ places, and smash burger. Pizza-Hutt. What the crap?
It was beautiful day for football.
The Ben Scoresby
The 
The Dearest Schnookums
The Rock
It wasn't a good day for the cougs, but it was still a ton of fun.

I even got to see Danny!
"Hey, Ben, remember the time that you ate that giant ice cream cone and threw up on the way home?" Unfortunately Ben now watches what he eats, wakes up early on vacation to run 5 miles, and isn't interested in seeing how many White Castle sliders he can pound in 15 minutes. I'm glad that I'll never be bishop, if that is what getting called as one does to a person.
Schnookums looking hot as ever. Someone commented that she is way too good for me. She thought that that would offend me, and I told her no. The best way to explain why is "men want to love who they are attracted to, women want to be attracted to who they love". 

She asked what that meant, and I pointed out the the first thing I noticed about her was how pretty she is. I told her that she didn't think much of me before she got to know me, and then getting to know me made me seem more attractive. Her response: "It's not that you weren't attractive...." and I said that she just proved my point.
We had to wake up a 5am to drive to Irvine to drop of the rental car before taking a shuttle to Dallas for the flight. Seems reasonable. Ryker enjoyed a messy breakfast Subway sandwich on the floor.
Airplane selfies with my BYU hat.

DeA was really excited to put on a hat that Holly, Sadie, Ryker, and I had worn over the course of the trip.
DeA kept checking on Jens on the drive home to make sure that she was okay. Ryker accused her of caring more about Jens than she ever did when he got car sick. Against all odds, he somehow became car sick right before we got home and demanded that we stop the car. DeA made sure to over-emphasize how concerned she was about Ryker's carsickness, and magically that made things all better.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment