Wednesday, July 12, 2023

4th of July Week

DeA and the kids made it home the Saturday before the 4th. We spent some time on Monday picking weeds and showing off our bellies.
Jens enjoyed the grass without picking weeds.
It's pretty cool to finally have a lawn to mow.
The 4th was a BBQ day with brisket and the giant tomahawk steak that Ruth got me for my birthday. It was freaking delicious.
DeA was pretty burned out from driving and unpacking. I don't blame here.
The evening and night was perfect for fireworks and time with Schookums.


DeA was checking the doors when she noticed a rattler just outside the garage door. It was a little ordeal to get the thing killed, and it even survived a blast from Dad's pistol.
The lawn has been pretty great on warm summer evenings.



The kids feel that they have had a late start to summer vacation and are trying to fit everything in at once. We went to the gym and then I took the kids golfing. It was 95 degrees, but I think they had fun. The drink cart stopping by every 30 minutes definitely lifted their spirits.

No surprise, but they loved the golf scooter.

I tried to make it a fun memory, so I took them to the clubhouse for lunch. They were definitely more thirsty than hungry.

They didn't survive the ride home.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment