Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ryker The Animal Rescuer

Like pretty much every little kid their age the boys are obsessed with Diego.  Ryker and Rock decided to film their own episode (and Rock really did take these pictures).
 Ryker heard that there was an animal in trouble somewhere in the living room.  He took his rescue pack (thanks Rissa!) and went out to help. 
 He looked everywhere in the living room.
 When looking wasn't enough he started turning things over.
 Finally he realized that there wasn't an animal in trouble, because animals aren't allowed in the living room.  So he sat down and chillaxed on the couch.
 Before we move on, DeA complains that I'm never in any of the pictures.  My response is that I'm alwasy the one taking the pictures.  Well, Rock took this pic and so now she can't keep complaining that I don't post my own picture.
 We spent part of Saturday over at Mama Rae's and Papa Dale's house.  Rock, Ryker and Rissa decided to use the brown bananas to make banana bars.
 Ryker started by testing the sweetness of the bananas.
 They got to help crack the eggs, taste the sugar and drink the milk.
 And Rissa got to fish out the egg shells and sweep up the sugar.
 While the banana bars were baking the boys helped me make some chili cheese dip.  It was pretty popular.
 Rock enjoyed sharing the dip.  He learned on the commercial during the football game that dips bring friends together.  So he acted like Ryker was his friend.
 Ryker learned that the dip is freakin' delicious and couldn't believe the party in his mouth.
 "Wow, that is a fantastic dip induced mouth party!"
 The local furniture store is having a retirement party and had some bunkbeds in the basement.  DeA heard about those beds and asked me to go check them out.  I thought she was asking me to pick out a set and buy them...well, long story short I bought bunkbeds, the boys are excited and DeA said "wha?".
 They love their new beds/fort/tent/fortress of solitude/space shuttle.
 Jensley loves that the boys were distracted all day with the new beds and forgot about giving her 'loves'.
 "Yeah, I don't think those 'loves' are really loves."

7 comments:

  1. Ah I miss them! Jensley is growing up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I think that Rock totally looks like DeAndra and Ryker totally looks like Aaron. But I can't figure out who Jensley looks the most like. Maybe she is the first total combination? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The explorers/bakers/bedders are quite the bunch. J will need to start walking to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock is a professional photographer! Loved the pictures, story and the new bunkbeds look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the aprons! And all of the smiley pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all! You have the cutest kiddos! And Jensley's smile and those dimples.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. My blog is so boring and lonely, I just need 3 kids under 4 and a funny guy to blog for me apparently :)

    ReplyDelete