Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rock's Tough Week

Some of you may have heard, but Rock's had a tough time this past week. First of all, his Mommy took her childhood frustrations of never owning a slinky out on him. Poor little guy never saw it coming, then he bounced down the stairs like a little baby crash test dummy. The stairs weren't little, either. They looked something like these ones, just straighter, carpeted, softer and shorter.
To make matters worse he's been throwing up a little lately and then he came down with a bout of the runsies. Yesterday I didn't have any classes worth going to so I sat on the couch with him like this all day long. It was hard on both of us.
He is finally starting to eat and play again, even though he is still obviously lethargic. We thought he deserved a little reward for making it through his worse illness ever, so I set up the ball pit and let him go nuts.

He was a little to tired too go nuts, but he still enjoyed it. Well, I think he enjoyed it. I don't really know what he thinks about anything except graham crackers and yogurt and making me change poop.











Even though he is sick he is still super-adorable. He must get that from his Mommy, since she always looks good.

4 comments:

  1. Will he let me sit on the couch and just hold him? I will change any poopy diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I thought of you when Rock only wanted to be held, and if he's still this tired Saturday you're going to love the cuddles but he doesn't play.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always hated it when my kids got sick....except for the sitting and holding part. That was great

    ReplyDelete
  4. he looks so sad laying down.... :( but it seems like the ball pit helped, he looks much happier.
    -whit

    ReplyDelete