Saturday, June 27, 2009

Trip Update Part 3

And no, there aren't pictures of Rock yet. We traveled to the city of Tela on the Caribbean and they welcomed us in style.
The next morning I woke up to the beautiful ocean, but they made us go to the hospital anyways. I wasn't too happy.
At clinic they had us spread out in the hospital, and Jeff, Ben and I ended up spending time in the ER. That was an experience, since we were in a socialized, third-world hospital with an ER doc that didn't want to see patients. Jeff and I had to send the first patient back for surgery immediately. Today the ER doc was in surgery all day and so she sent all the patients to us. We ended up diagnosis a brain tumor, two gall bladder problems, a degenerative spondy and some other stuff that we probably would never see in the states. I learned a ton, so it was a good day. And I returned just in time to see the sunset.
At 5:30am I woke up to this sunrise. If you ask me, sunrises are meant to be slept through and not seen, but this one was pretty.
After clinic today we played soccer against Honduras. Here is the opening kick-off:
and here is my first goal:
Here's Aaron playing with some kids. He tried, but they wouldn't let him take one home.

4 comments:

  1. ooh, I like these pictures. It is really pretty. I wish I was there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron please call me A.S.A.P.!!!!! Nothing is wrong I just need to talk to you. I figured you would check your blog comments first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post isn't worth nuthin' without Rock in it...How do you get youtube but no Rock??? Sounds like a great trip. Pa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda expected to see you in the background when the news showed the military carting off the President in his PJ's...like in Forest Gump. Pa

    ReplyDelete