Sunday, March 25, 2012

Our Little Rocko

Rock's Sunbeam's teacher is currently sitting on a beach in Mexico, so I was his sub today.  When I walked in the classroom I immediately noticed pictures of the kids on the wall.  There were all these cute pictures of smiling, normal little kids...and then there was this:
I asked him what he was doing during the picture and he responded "I don't like normal pictures!"

In other news: We are currently breaking Ryker of his habit of sleeping in our bed all night.  I put a couple of couch cushions on the floor by my side of the bed with a pillow and blanket.  At 3am I felt a little hand on my cheek and heard Rock say "Daddy, Daddy - I love you.  Thank you for getting a bed ready for me".  

I was just about to tell him he was welcome when he screamed, and I do mean screamed "THAT'S NOT THE RIGHT BLANKET!  YOU NEED TO GET ME A FUZZY BLANKET!!" 

 It kind of killed the tender father-son moment.

2 comments:

  1. Rock is such a character! When he is 16, you will be so glad that you wrote all of his shenanigans down. The little-boy moments disappear too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trouble is, these are the "good" tender moments...wait until their little sis arrives for the "really good" ones.

    ReplyDelete