Sunday, May 17, 2009

Rock the Monkey

Every once and a while I let Rock practice handling the remote. He normally does a good job, and he knows what channel to turn it to. Like yesterday, he picked baseball and then some movie where stuff blew up all the time. But then he kind of swung and missed when he left it on Planet of the Apes IV: A New Hope. Let me tell you, it was terrible. The worse part is now Rock thinks he needs to become a man-ape to be able to rule the powerful monkey civilization.
He is practicing his banana eating and peeling. It's going okay,not great, but he's getting there.
He has also tried to practice something else that monkeys do, something that involves throwing and stinkyness. He's been shot down on that one, but he's still waiting for the time when we aren't paying attention.
He learned that monkeys don't have great manners, and so he's practicing talking with his mouth full and chewing with his mouth open.
DeAndra was doing her womanly duties in the kitchen when she needed someone to help with the dishwasher. Rock thought she'd never ask!
Trivia: Does anybody know where I stole the words to Rock's speech from Fuzzy's funeral in the previous post?


Answer: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. I am a little ashamed of all of you. DeAndra told me that no one would know where it was from and I stood up for all of you. I told her that our blog readers had some culture and weren't some slack jawed yokels, but it looks like I was wrong. I lifted it from my Mommy's favorite movie and she didn't even get it. So sad.

3 comments:

  1. Had you used "the needs of many outweigh the needs of one" it would have been a slam dunk. Gpa DE

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one is a little harder to fit in...and the funeral is the very next scene

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is exactly what I said. Rock also would need to put his hand on Fuzzy's paw through glass one last time before Fuzzy went through his last breath. That was the big moment in the movie. Sorry I didn't get it. We will all watch Wrath of Khan for Fuzzy and for Ricardo Montalban.

    ReplyDelete