Saturday, August 15, 2009

Rock and the Sweaty Hat

About six months ago I purchased a baseball hat. In those six months the hat has been on three rounds of golf, four times it has helped me mow the lawn, once it helped overthrow the Honduran government and countless times it has been worn while I was sweating and working. The hat hasn't been washed once in its entire lifetime. Some members of my family are more accepting of the hat then others.
Rock doesn't understand how Mommy can be so intolerant of a fine piece of merchandise like the hat. He tries to convince Mommy that it is awesome, but she's not budging in her disgust.
She lets Rock wear the hat, as long as he doesn't get too close to her while he eats yogurt. She doesn't like the smell of yogurt either, but she doesn't seem to mind it as much as the hat.

Rock and I watched 'Get Smart' the other day, and ever since then he thinks that his shoes are phones. He hasn't been able to get a hold of anybody, but he's sure that Agent 99 will be there when he needs her.
"Hi, I'm Rock. I'm pretty much a big deal."

1 comment:

  1. Rock isn't just a big deal, he is a Mega Deal like his shirt tries to tell us. FYI the shoe phone was around prior to the cell phone...GpaDE

    ReplyDelete